Bilateral Leg Lengthening
All-inclusive Bilateral Leg Lengthening price
Tour Length: 2.5 Months
Procedure takes around 2 to 3 hours at maximum
The schedule of the surgery is very much dependable on the procedure adopted by for limb lengthening; e.g. as a general observation, a bilateral leg lengthening surgery with LON method takes anywhere around 2 to 4 hours; in comparison, a PRECICE lengthening surgery usually takes around 2 to 3 hours at maximum. In all methods, the surgical process can be summarized in two words: osteotomy (surgically cutting the major bone, either femur or tibia + fibula) and fixation (holding the two pieces of bone together utilizing internal or external fixator devices).
Transfers: To Hotel, Hospital and the Airport
3-Star Hotel: Receive a 3-star accommodation depending on availability
Post-Operative: Aftercare as standard within our packages
Usually, patients tend to start walking with assisted care i.e. walker or crutches, from the next day of the surgery. The primary goal, after the surgery, is to prevent any muscle rigidity and to maintain the muscle tone within normal parameters. Generally, patients are discharged, after their first rehabilitation session, a process which may last between 4 to 7 days at the hospital.
Soon after, the lengthening process can begin, either at patient’s home or here in Iran; usually at 1mm per day, until the time that the desired bone length is achieved; thus, at the rate of 1mm per day, so a 6 cm increase would take around 60 days.
Once the limb extension period has ended and the devices removed, it is time to wait for the bone consolidation period. As a general rule of thumb, for every 1 cm gained in bone height, the human body needs one month to rest and recover; so that the gaps created between the bones could fully heal, consolidate and strengthen to their prior state. Furthermore, the muscles and tendons also need to accommodate and stretch accordingly so that they adapt to the new bone growth, and flex and move with the new bone length. Generally, as per surgeon guidelines and recommendations, this consolidation period must last around 6 months, in total.
Nevertheless, it is always crucial to get a full detailed briefing with all the relevant medical information from your doctor or medical professional before and after any such procedure. The mentioned duration varies from patient to patient, depending on the amount lengthened, patient’s age, body’s ability to regenerate new bone, etc.
Escort Interpreter: Greet you and help to check in and admit
- Obtaining a visa (extra charge)
- Booking airline tickets (extra charge)
- Recreational tours (extra charge)
- VIP services (extra charge)
- Insurance and legal services (extra charge)
It is not recommended for women over the age of 45 and men over the age of 55.
Internal Methodology (PRECICE 2.2 & PRECICE STRYDE Motorized Nails)
- PRECICE 2.2:One of the major characteristics of the “PRECICE” method is that there is no need for an external fixator; because the intramedullary nail is motorized, thus allows for bone extensions with just a remote control; providing the patient more comfort and much shorter recovery times in total. Furthermore, the device is internally embedded into the patient’s bone, thus causes less discomfort and significantly limiting any risk of infections at a minimum. However, it is significantly more expensive than “Holyfix” & “LON” methods and there is a relatively fewer number of doctors who practice this method. With “PRECICE”, the surgeon makes a small incision and inserts the motorized intramedullary nail into the bone (either Femur or Tibia), and closes the wound; hence reducing the risk of any open wound infections. Soon after, the lengthening process is realized with the help of an electromagnetic remote-control device; hence there is no device or fixator visible on the patient’s body. This method, alongside with Stryde, is currently the most comfortable amongst other methods of height lengthening available. However, in Precice 2.2, operated legs cannot bear weight and the lengthening mechanisms inside nails can be damaged, which will require replacement of nails. Thus, it is required for patients to use a wheelchair during the initial 2-2.5 months, which is the lengthening period. After lengthening is over, the patient can once again bear weight on legs and return to normal life in a matter of several days.
- “PRECICE STRYDE” is the latest and most advanced limb lengthening system available. Largely, the “PRECICE STRYDE” is a newer, version of the “PRECICE 2” version of the intramedullary nail system. It was developed upon the “PRECICE 2” system; and provides innovations and benefits, including enhanced comfort of the patients and extra weight bearing tolerance & capabilities even during the lengthening phase; thus, proving as being the new benchmark for the future of limb lengthening procedures, throughout the world. It must be noted that both systems are, in theory, the same; i.e. intramedullary nails, thus are internally embedded into the patient’s bones; either Femur or Tibia; thereby significantly reducing any chances of infections as the wounds are closed; in comparison to older “LON”, “Holyfix” & “Ilizarov” methods; where external fixators are necessary for the extension of the bones. It must also be noted that both “PRECISE STRYDE” & “PRECISE 2” systems are much less painful, in comparison to the older fixator type methodologies, and generally, patients are much relaxed and comfortable during the extension phases in these systems.
This methodology is currently, the most comfortable amongst any other methodology of height lengthening available. The operated leg can easily bear weight, but partially in the beginning and gradually, during the lengthening phase, it can easily recover to a full weight bearing, in a matter of a few months. This allows patients to return to their personal and professional lives much earlier, than any other methodology available.
It must be noted that worldwide, these surgical operations are currently performed by very limited number of doctors like Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh.
Our patients who undergo treatment with PRECICE from our experienced & trained surgeons, tends to gain the most from their height lengthening journey and this methodology has proved most advantageous in terms of scaring formed after surgery. The “PRECICE” nail offers minimum disadvantages due to the material and design used, in terms of health of our patients. After complete consolidation of the bone, i.e. after one to one and a half years after implantation, the PRECICE intramedullary lengthening nail and the receiver can be explanted or removed easily.
Intramedullary Nailing with “PRECICE” Methodology
One of the most recommended, comfortable and safe leg lengthening surgery methods is “PRECICE” methodology. One of the major differences between the “LON” and “PRECICE” methods is that, “PRECICE” methodology does not require any external fixator, because the intramedullary nail is electromagnetic and motorized, thus allows for bone extensions with just a remote control; providing the patient more comfort and much shorter recovery times in total.
Furthermore, the device is internally embedded into the patient’s bone, thus does not cause any discomfort and significantly minimizing any risk of infections. Moreover, it reduces the total recovery period to just 2.5 months (consolidation period not included); but it is a newer technology and currently much more expensive than “Holyfix” & “LON” methodologies and there is only a handful Iranian doctor -Dr. Nader Motallebizadeh- who practices this methodology. With “PRECICE”, the surgeon makes a small incision and inserts the motorized intramedullary nail into the bone (either Femur or Tibia), and closes the wound; hence reducing the risk of any open wound infections. Soon after, the lengthening process is realized with the help of an electromagnetic remote-control device; hence there is no device or fixator, visible on the patient’s body.
Bilateral Leg Lengthening patient interview
How many scars can appear after surgery?
“PRECICE” has proved to in being the most advantageous method in terms of post-op scarring, as the scars are almost minimalist and invisible.
When can I get back to my Pre-Surgery Health?
According to the surgical guidelines and medical recommendations, lengthening varies from 6 to 8 cm in a single surgical procedure and it is not preferable to lengthen over 6 to 8 cm per bone section. If you wish to grow even taller (for example, 12 to 15 cm) it can be achieved by lengthening both lower and upper legs (lengthening in both the Femur and Tibia bones). Thus, if a patient desires to lengthen their legs by around 12 to 15 cm, it is preferable to do 6 to 7 cm lengthening on “Tibia” bone and after complete recovery and consolidation; another surgical procedure on the “Femur” bones, for additional height gains of 6 to 8 cm; independently rather than to lengthen, for example, 10 cm on a singular bone section in one surgical session. It is important to note that the flexibility of your legs is a very important factor. The more flexible your legs are, the more relaxed you will be during the lengthening process.
How many centimeters can I gain with Leg Lengthening (LL)?
Limb lengthening surgeries, including intramedullary nail method, may take some time, but eventually you can easily get back your pre-surgery health and indulge in any sports that you want. It all depends on the methodology adopted by our patient’s and how much time they spend in recovery and consolidation phases. In order to facilitate speedy and complete recovery, the patients must perform physiotherapy and other prescribed exercises, regularly.