innovative techniques Platelet-rich plasma therapy Times have changed since the days of bloodletting, when doctors…
A lumbar strain is an injury to the lower back. This leads to damaged tendons and muscles that can spasm and feel sore. The lumbar vertebra makes up the section of the spine in your lower back.
- Severe lower back curvature
- Forward-tilted pelvis
- Weak back or abdominal muscles
- Tight hamstrings
Treatment will depend on your symptoms, age, and general health. It will also depend on how severe the condition is.
Treatment may include:
- Ice packs and/or heat and compression applied to the back
- Exercises (to strengthen the abdominal muscles)
- Stretching and strengthening exercises (for the lower back as it heals)
- Learning how to use and wear appropriate protective equipment
Medicines, such as anti-inflammatories and spinal injections, may also be used to relieve pain and inflammation.