innovative techniques Platelet-rich plasma therapy Times have changed since the days of bloodletting, when doctors…
Knee Ligament Injuries
Knee ligaments are the short bands of tough, flexible connective tissue that hold the knee together. Knee ligament injuries can be caused by trauma, such as a car accident. Or they can be caused by sports injuries. An example is a twisting knee injury in basketball or skiing.
- sudden twisting motions
- Slowing down while running or landing from a jump incorrectly
- sudden, direct hit, such as in a car accident or during a football tackle
Treatment will depend on your symptoms, age, and general health. It will also depend on how severe the condition is.
- Pain medicine such as ibuprofen
- Muscle-strengthening exercises
- Protective knee brace
- Ice pack to ease swelling